MS Urban Land Development Curriculum (36 units)
Course Requirements (33 units) The Master of Science in Urban Land Development curriculum consists of four components.
Prerequisites MSULD students must successfully complete one required prerequisite: introduction to statistics.
Seven year time limit Students have 7 years to complete the MSULD.
Title 5 of the California Administrative Code of Regulations (b)(2) is where you can find the relevant language.
(Not counted toward 36 required units for degree.)
*Equivalent courses may be substituted with aproval of the program director.
- PPA 270 Collaborative Policy (PPA 200 and PPA 210, or approval of instructor)
- MBA 251 Real Estate Finance and Investment
- MBA 253 Seminar in Real Estate Development (MBA 251, PPA 251, advance to cnadidacy, and instructor permission)
- PPA 207 Quantitative Methods in Public Policy and Administration (ECON 1B, PPA 205 or instructor permission)
- PPA 220A Applied Economic Analysis I (ECON 1B)
- PPA 251/ECON 251 Urban Problems, Economics, & Public Policy (PPA 220A or instructor permission)
Select four of the following:
- CE 261 Transportation Planning (CE 148 or instructor premission)
- ECON 114 Applied Econometric Analysis (ECON 1A and ECON 1B, or ECON 104)
- ENVS 122 Environmental Impact Analysis: CEQA and NEPA (Note: It is recommended that students complete ENVS 128 or have some actual experience with environmental impact documentation before taking this course)
- ENVS 128/GOVT 128 Environment and the Law (ENVS 110 or ENVS 111, or instructor permission)
- GEOG 109 Geographic Information Systems
- GEOG 110 Adv Geographic Information Sustems (GEOG 109)
- GEOG 145 Population Geography
- GEOG 161 California Water Resources
- GOVT 280 California Politics
- GOVT 284 Urban Politics
- MBA 220 Financial Management
- MBA 223 Asset Valuation (MBA 220 or instructor permission)
- MBA 230 Behavioral Science Applciation Management
- MBA 240 Marketing Management
- MBA 264 Business Intelligence
- PPA 205 Research in Public Policy and Administration
- PPA 220 B Applied Economic Analysis II (PPA 220A)
- PPA 240A Public Management and Administration
- PPA 250 California Land Use Policy
- PPA 272 Collaborative Governance Advanced Practice (PPA 270)
Other courses approved by the program coordinator may be used to meet the elective course requirements. However, a maximum of six (6) units of upper division undergraduate coursework may be used to meet the elective course requirements.
NOTE: The number of units taken in the College of Business Administration cannot exceed fifty percent of the total number of units taken to satisfy the required courses, elective courses, and culminating experience requirements.
Graduate Studies' thesis/projectwebpage is a good resource for thesis students.