Overview of Graduate Program
Visit our Prospective Students page to learn more about applying to our program.
Our graduate program is designed to prepare students for specific types of jobs or for Ph.D. programs in Psychology. There are three available tracks:
- The Applied Behavior Analysis option prepares students to practice as M.A. level board certified behavior analysts, as well as to enter doctoral (Ph.D.) programs in Applied Behavior Analysis or Experimental Analysis of Behavior.
- The General Psychology option prepares students for doctoral study in all fields of Psychology.
- The Industrial/Organizational Psychology M.A. program option is designed to prepare students for positions such as organizational research analysts, personnel analysts, and test validation specialists. Most of our I/O graduates are employed by the State of California. Admission suspended until after Fall 2017.
Students in our graduate program may prepare for doctoral study in:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Counseling Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- General Experimental Psychology
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Social Psychology
Our students have been accepted into Ph.D. programs across the nation. We also provide various levels of teaching experiences to qualified graduate students. These experiences have helped some of our former students obtain part-time and full-time teaching positions at community colleges. They have helped others to acquire teaching assistantship or instructor positions while enrolled in Ph.D. programs at other universities.