Become a paid graduate assistant...
Want to gain valuable professional work experience while earning money and your master's degree in public policy and administration?
A graduate assistantship is the answer!
Positions Available to PPA Students
These graduate assistant positions are uniquely suited to the skills and talents of our students as researchers and writers. Hours, pay, eligibility, and specific research areas vary by hiring entity, and are available on a rolling basis. This is not a finite list. Other similar opportunities will open up throughout the semester and academic year.
- Center for California Studies graduate assistant
- EdInsights graduate assistant
- Educational Doctorate graduate assistant
- Institute for Social Research graduate assistant
How to become a PPA Graduate Assistant
You may be either an applicant to or a current student in one of our graduate programs to apply for a graduate assistant position. You must be a fully admitted graduate student to be eligible to work in a graduate assistant position.
Perks for Graduate Assistants
Students may enjoy some or all of these perks while working as a graduate assistant.
- Earn internship credit (PPA 295)
- Earn a wage
- Gain valuable work experience
- GA work can spur a thesis
- GAs are sometimes offered full time employment
- Build your resume
- Build your professional network
Nuts and Bolts for our Students
- These are positions for which you may apply.
- We do not "place" students; we recommend students.
- Our students are not required to complete a graduate assistantship to complete our degree.
- You may pursue internships (paid or unpaid) outside this list to satisfy our internship requirement (PPA 295).
- These are NOT clerical positions.