HR Home

Casual Worker and Helper/Aid Appointment Guidelines

Employees in Casual Worker and Helper/Aid positions can be appointed up to one year upon approval. They must be appointed on an hourly-intermittent basis to perform non-bargaining unit work that meets the “non-exempt” criteria of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Employees should not begin work until the position and pay level have been determined in Human Resources.

In order to appoint a Casual Worker or Helper/Aid the following paperwork is required:

Once the classification is determined by Classification and Compensation, and all of the necessary paperwork has been received, the hiring department will be notified that they can make the job offer.

If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Mangosing, HR/Employment Services, at 278-7416 or via email