All eligible employees appointed half-time or more for a period of more than six months, and their eligible dependents, are automatically enrolled in the vision insurance plan.
- Premiums are paid by the CSU.
- May visit any licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist or dispensing optician of choice.
- By choosing an Advantage Network provider in the Vision Service Plan (VSP), the insurance will cover more out-of-pocket costs. To find an Advantage Network provider outside of California, log-in at www.vsp.com or call VSP at (800) 877-7195.
- Administrator is Vision Service Plan (VSP).
The vision plan includes:
- One comprehensive eye exam every calendar year.
- One pair of lenses every other calendar year (or calendar year if your prescription changes) and one frame every other calendar year.
- Contact lenses every other calendar year when contact lenses are provided in lieu of all other lens and frame benefits.
- The VSP Computer Vision Care (CVC) is only provided to CSU employees who meet the necessary job requirements as determined by the CSU campus benefits office. This form must be completed by the employee and provided to a VSP Select Network doctor to receive the supplemental CVC benefit.
- Claim form is not required when using standard in-network benefits.
- Services provided by a non-VSP provider must be paid in full by the employee. For reimbursement, complete a VSP Out-of-Network Reimbursement form (.pdf).