Spring Check Out - Closing Procedures
Tuesday, May 26th - Summer Transition Day from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Students staying for summer school must be moved and checked out by 10:00 p.m.
Students planning to attend summer classes at California State University, Sacramento may apply for On-Campus housing by completing the On-Campus Housing Application Licesne Agreement for Summer 2015.
Spring Move Out!
Halls Close on Friday, May 22, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.
- Attend your mandatory floor meeting! You will receive important closing information, hall check-out procedures and how to avoid damage/cleaning charges.
- You must schedule a check-out appointment by Friday, May 12. Appointment times are posted by your RAs door.
- Arrange furniture in the proper order and return bed deck to the 4th notch.
- All personal items must be removed from your room/suite. Check all drawers and closets.
- Clean and vacuum thoroughly. Wipe down all surfaces including drawers, shelves and closets. Vacuum under couch cushions.
- Cleaning supplies, furniture diagrams, and extra trash bags and a list of recommended cleaning supplies will be available at the front desk.
- Remove all trash to appropriate outside dumpster or trash chute. Do not leave trash/personal items in the hallway or trash room.
- Your room key and access fob must be returned at the time of your check-out appointment. The charge for an unreturned key or access fob is $30 each.
- In the AMC, all suitemates are responsible for the common space cleaning and/or charges. The last suitemate out will complete the common space check-out with the RA.
- Complete all items listed on your check-out form prior to your appointment.
- Update your current address with the University. This can be done online through your My Sac State account. Any mail that is received on your behalf will be forwarded to the current address on file with the University.
- Reconcile any outstanding Housing debts promptly (i.e. rent/board, damages, etc.) at the Student Financial Services Center in Lassen Hall.
- SPRING MOVE-OUT FLYER - PDF
- Cleaning Instructions for Traditional Halls and American River Courtyard
- Room Layout Diagram: Traditonal Hall Room and American River Courtyard - Suite
- Important Notes
- Late Stay Request Form
- Questions Regarding Room Charges - Damage Charge List
- Your RA completes the initial room assessment.
- The RA does not apply charges, nor do they make any decisions about charges. The RA only notes the condition of your room/suite.
- Your Residence Life Coordinator applies room/suite charges after you move out based on the Room/Suite Condition Report.
- If you are requesting to stay past 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 22, you must meet with your Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) for approval by noon on Friday, May 15th.
- This includes graduating seniors, summer housing staff, athletes, residents that are helping with commencement ceremonies, etc.
All damage charges will be posted to your University account by June 5, 2015, and must be paid promptly. Please remember that any past due charges will result in a University hold on your records. This hold will affect the release of your grades and your summer and/or fall registration, etc.
- If necessary, you may call the Housing and Residential Life Office beginning June 8, 2015 to request a copy of your Room/Suite Condition Report showing damage charges.
- Questions or appeals regarding room charges must be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: Appeals for charges must be emailed by June 19, 2015.
- Items such as old computers and televisions should be disposed of properly in e-waste receptacles located in each building.
- Please donate any unwanted clothing, shoes, purses, belts, linens and stuffed animals to the California Clothing Recyclers. The charitable donation bins are located in the lobby of each building.
Extended Quiet Hours
- Sunday, May 10, through Saturday, May 16, begins at 7:00 p.m. daily.
24 Hour Quiet Hours
- Sunday, May 17 through Friday, May 22, 2015.
- Courtesy hours are 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily
RHA and Collegiate Concepts will be on campus to receive your rented refrigerator or Micro Fridge on Tuesday, May 20th, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Housing Quad.
- Make sure you defrost, clean and dry your Micro Fridge!
- For more information, contact RHA at email@example.com, or if you rented a Micro Fridge from Collegiate Concepts you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Traditional Hall residents are to take trash and recycle to the dumpsters behind their buildings.
- American River Courtyard residents, please take trash bags and flattened boxes to the dumpsters located in the Interior Courtyard
- Please DO NOT LEAVE any trash outside American River Courtyard chute doors.
- Identified trash left in the hallways may be assessed and charged to the resident involved!
If you have questions, see your Resident Advisor, or Residence Life Coordinator.