I Have Applied
Welcome to the “I have applied” web page for potential Sacramento State new transfer students. On this page, you’ll find out all about what you need to do as you wait for your admission decision.
Most admission decisions will not be available until after March 1, 2016. Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before that date.
So what should you do in the meantime?
Here are important things you need to do while your admission application is under review:
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement email you will receive at the email address you indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID. The location of your Sac State ID on the email is pictured below.
SacLink, at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, is your point is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, or click the button pictured below on the SacLink homepage. You may also click on “How to Set Up a SacLink Account” for more detailed instructions.
2. Visit "My Sac State" often.
At "My Sac State," you can:
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
Visit your Student Center to:
- View your application status beginning March 1, 2016
- Check your financial aid status
- Check your To Do list for important items
- Enroll for classes
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
3. Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
4. Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer. For more information, visit http://www.csus.edu/admissions/Campus%20Tours/index.html
5. Be Aware of Important Dates
|October 1 - November 30||Dates to submit application for admission|
|December 17||Deadline to submit application fee|
|January 28||Deadline to submit OFFICIAL transcripts showing ALL college coursework completed (including Spring 2016 courses in progress, AP, CLEP, IB test scores)|
|March 1||Begin checking your My Sac State for your admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your application for admission being withdrawn from consideration.
Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript. Send your transcripts to:
- Sacramento State
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Transcripts can also be dropped off in our Admissions Counseling Center, Lassen Hall #1102, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instructions and important deadlines:
- Biological Sciences: http://www.csus.edu/bios/undergraduate programs.html
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/cj/programs/impaction.html
- Graphic Design: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
Learn more about Impaction by visiting our Impaction page here.
Application Fee Waiver – if your request for an application fee waiver was denied, you can file an appeal with the appropriate office within two weeks of receiving notification that your request was denied.
- If you were denied due to INCOME, here are the instructions to file your appeal.
- If you were denied due to RESIDENCY or immigration status and you would like to appeal this decision, then you must submit a completed Residency Questionnaire and Application Fee Waiver (both forms must be stapled together) to the Residency Screening Office. Appeals are due within 2 weeks of receiving notification that your original application fee waiver request was denied. More information about residency can be found by visiting the Admissions Residency page or contact the Residency Screening Coordinator at (916) 278-7766.
- You are limited to receiving an application fee waiver for a total of four CSU campuses. Fees must be paid for any applications filed in excess of four and you are not allowed to appeal this limitation.
- We do NOT accept fee waiver forms from the ACT, SAT, or NACAC fee-waiver programs. The only fee waiver we accept is the CSU Request for Waiver that is a part of the online Undergraduate Admission application.
Application Correction Request - PRE-ADMISSION ONLY - Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766. If you have already been admitted and need to make changes, visit the "I Have Been Admitted" page for the correct form/instructions.