I Have Applied
First Time Freshmen
Welcome to the "I have applied" web page for potential Sacramento State freshman. On this page, you'll find out all about what you need to do as you wait for your admission decision.
Most admission decisions will not be available until after March 1, 2016. Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before that date.
Special Early Admission for High Achieving First Time Freshman - if you receive your admission early (before the March 1, 2016 admission date) congratulations! You have been identified as meeting the High Achieving criteria as defined: a 3.5 or higher grade point average, minimum high school subject requirements completed or in progress, and have already paid your application fee. (Please note all admission decisions are based on the self-reported information provided on your admission application and are subject to verification.)
Please do not send transcripts unless requested to do so. Check your 'To Do List' on My Sac State.
So what should you do in the meantime?
Here is a list of important things to take care of while your admission to Sac State is being determined:
1. Take tests
- SAT or ACT: You must take the SAT or ACT no later than December 2015, and submit the test scores to Sacramento State no later than January 21, 2016. Access additional information about the SAT at http://www.collegeboard.com/student, and about the ACT at www.actstudent.org.
- CSU Placement Tests: The CSU requires students to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Math (ELM) exam prior to enrollment, unless students are exempt. Visit http://www.csus.edu/testing/tests/eptelm.html for a complete description of the EPT and ELM. If you think you are exempt from the EPT, ELM, or both based on your SAT, ACT, AP Exams, or EAP results, send your scores to Sacramento State as soon as possible.
- Sacramento State EPT and ELM registration: visit http://www.ets.org/csu/registration/ to register for the EPT/ELM test at Sac State. DO NOT DELAY! Register and take your test(s) early because space is limited and the sooner you have your results, the sooner you will know if you are required to participate in the Early Start Program this summer! May 7, 2016 is the last test date for students planning to attend Sac State for Fall 2016.
- EPT/ELM Testing on other CSU campuses: You do not have to take the EPT and ELM at Sac State; you may take it at whatever campus is most convenient to you. Click here for a list of testing locations and dates, and here for more information about registering to take the tests.
- For the complete information about the CSU's Placement Tests, visit http://www.ets.org/s/csu/pdf/csu_information_bulletin.pdf
2. Create your SacLink account https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement emailed to the account you indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID. The location of your Sac State ID on the email is pictured below.
SacLink, at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, or click the button pictured below on the SacLink homepage. You may also click on “How to Set Up a SacLink Account” for more detailed instructions.
3. Visit "My Sac State" often.
At "My Sac State," you can:
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
Visit your Student Center to:
- View your application status beginning March 1, 2016
- Check your financial aid status
- Check your To Do list for important items
- Enroll for classes
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
4. Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
5. Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer. For more information, visit http://www.csus.edu/admissions/Campus%20Tours/index.html
6. Be Aware of Important Dates
|October 1 - November 30||Priority dates to submit application for admission.|
|December 5||Last SAT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision. Visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student for more information.|
|December 12||Last ACT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision www.actstudent.org.|
|December 17||Deadline to submit application fee.|
|January 21||Deadline to submit SAT/ACT test scores.|
|March 1||Begin checking your My Sac State for your admission decision.|
|**Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your application for admission being withdrawn from consideration.|
Application Fee Waiver – if your request for an application fee waiver was denied, you can file an appeal with the appropriate office within two weeks of receiving notification that your request was denied.
- If you were denied due to INCOME, here are the instructions to file your appeal for review by the Financial Aid Office. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- If you were denied due to RESIDENCY or immigration status and you would like to appeal this decision, then you must submit a completed Residency Questionnaire and Application Fee Waiver (both forms must be stapled together) to the Residency Screening Office. Appeals are due within 2 weeks of receiving notification that your original application fee waiver request was denied. More information about residency can be found by visiting the Admissions Residency page or contact the Residency Screening Coordinator at (916) 278-7766.
- You are limited to receiving an application fee waiver for a total of four CSU campuses. Fees must be paid for any applications filed in excess of four and you are not allowed to appeal this limitation.
- We do NOT accept fee waiver forms from the ACT, SAT, or NACAC fee-waiver programs. The only fee waiver we accept is the CSU Request for Waiver that is a part of the online Undergraduate Admission application.
Application Correction Request - PRE-ADMISSION ONLY - Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766. If you have already been admitted and need to make changes, visit the "I Have Been Admitted" page for the correct form/instructions.