I Have Been Admitted
Fall 2016 Admissions Checklist
Welcome to California State University, Sacramento!
We are excited to have you back, and for you to continue your education with us.
This checklist will help you navigate the steps toward a successful return to Sacramento State.
- Set up your SacLink account www.saclink.csus.edu if you have not already done so. This will allow you to access your My Sac State account. You will use this personal portal to stay current with all campus information, to access a personalized To Do List, to check on and manage payments and financial aid, and to find and register for classes.
- If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instructions and important deadlines.
- Biological Sciences: http://www.csus.edu/bios/undergraduate programs.html
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/CJ/Programs/impaction%20faq.html
- Graphic Design: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
- Confirm your Intent to Enroll (ITE). You will need to let us know if you are planning to attend Sacramento State for Fall 2016 by May 1, 2016. Go to www.csus.edu/admissions/ite . NOTE: This is a critical deadline! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline will result in withdrawal of your application from consideration.
- Applying for Financial Aid? Check your "To Do List" in the Student Center of your My Sac State account and be sure to submit all requested documents on or before June 1, 2016. Then watch your My Sac State in the spring to to Accept/Decline Financial Aid awards. For more information on financial aid awards go to www.csus.edu/faid.
- Submit your online housing application beginning March 2016. For more information on housing and application instructions go to www.csus.edu/housing.
- Official Transcripts including final grades for Fall 2015 are required prior to registering for Mandatory Orientation. If transcripts are not received by January 28, 2016, your application will be withdrawn. Send your transcripts to:
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Official transcripts in their sealed envelopes can also be dropped off in our Admissions Counseling Center, Lassen Hall #1102, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm. You may also have your institution directly email the official transcript to email@example.com Opened transcripts or transcripts in personal envelopes will be considered "unofficial". Emailed transcripts must come directly from the institution - personal emails or attachments will be considered "unofficial".
- If you are participating in the Associates Degree for Transfer program (SB1440), proof of eligibility from your community college must be submitted to Admissions & Outreach by March 15, 2016. A counselor at your community college can provide electronic proof of eligibility to our campus via the "Associate Degree for Transfer eVerify" website. If your community college is unable to provide electronic proof of eligibility, a paper verification form signed by a counselor can be submitted to our office, Attention: ADT Coordinator, at the above address. Visit adegreewithaguarantee.com for more information.
- Upper Division Transfer students are NOT required to take the Entry Level Math (ELM) or English Placement Test (EPT). Your successful completion of college level math and English courses will satisfy placement requirements. Please note that taking the placement tests cannot be used in lieu of college level math and English courses for admission eligibility. Upon verification of your eligibility, these items will be removed from your Student Center “to do” list.
- Beginning April 1, 2016, sign up for mandatory Transfer Orientation which will take place in June. During Orientation, you will receive academic advising and register for fall classes. Spaces fill fast, so you are encouraged to register as soon as possible and before the May 18th deadline. For information go to www.csus.edu/orientation.
- Returning Sac State students should send transcripts only from those college/universitites attended since leaving Sac State by June 30, 2016. Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you must clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
- Pay your registration fees. Fee statements and payments are due after course registration. Several payment options are available; for more information on deadlines and payment options go to www.csus.edu/sfsc. If you do not pay fees on time, you will be dropped from your classes.
- Make sure you have met the CSU immunization requirement. Click here for more information.
Classes begin on August 29, 2016!
Application Correction Request - for ADMITTED students - Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Change of Major MUST be requested through the University Registrar's Office by submitting a Change of Major request form. Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766.