Academic Affairs Mission and Goals
The Office of Academic Affairs remains focused on the major elements of Sacramento State’s mission – access, diversity, quality, and the fullest university experience for our students. The desire to improve upon what we do regarding each of these elements drives our agenda each year. We pursue improvement with a commitment to accountability and assessment. Our goal is to improve in ways that provide our students with the best in a university education. Resources matter, of course. So also do ingenuity and practicality, the use of the considerable intellectual talent that characterizes our University. We in Academic Affairs look forward to working with faculty, staff, and students to provide an excellent education for today’s students and the next generation.
During the 2014/15 academic year, Academic Affairs will:
- Build a dynamic learning environment dedicated to student success with a focus on retention and graduation rates and upon evidence-based decisions and assesment of program learning outcomes.
- Recruit, retain and support faculty and staff in a culture of excellence and innovation.
- Support the advancement of faculty and student research, scholarship and creative activity.
- Continue to assess and respond more systematically to needs in the areas of classroom technology and instructional equipment.
- Promote leadership, integrity, social equity, global understanding and civic engagement.