Writing Placement for Graduate Students (WPG) Equivalency Standardsg
WPG Equivalency Standards
- Have M.A./M.S., Ph.D., or J.D. from a US-Accredited University or an equivalent degree with coursework in the English language as evaluated by the Office of the Graduate Dean (attach copy of school transcript with degree noted).
- Published a refereed academic journal article in the English language (attach a copy of the journal/publication cover and first page of the article with your name).
- Graduated with a baccalaureate degree or equivalent from a US-accredited University with a cumulative GPA of 3.7 or above (attach copy of school transcript).
- Received 4.5 or higher on the analytical writing portion of the GRE/GMAT (attach verification).
- Instructor of record of a college-level writing course taught in the English language at a US-accredited University approved by the Office of the Graduate Dean
Current Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE) Waiver Standards:
- Have MA/MS, Ph.D., or JD from an Accredited American University (attach copy of school transcript with degree noted)
- Published an academic journal article or professional report (attach a copy of the journal/publication cover and first page of article or report with your name)
- Achieved a grade of B- or better in a Junior-level advanced English composition course that required a minimum of 5000 words of writing (attach copy of syllabus and school transcript with grade noted)
- Graduated from an Accredited American University with honors or above (attach copy of school transcript with honors noted for the degree)
- English instructor of record or tutor of college level English course (attach verification)
- Passed a writing proficiency exam at a CSU or passed an upper division writing exam at another University other than a CSU (attach verification letter from institution or copy of transcript with exam noted)
- Received 4.0 or higher on the GRE/GMAT writing assessment portion of the general exam (attach verification)