Second Bachelor's Degree Requirements
Admissions criteria are:
Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average on the last 60 semester units of baccalaureate and/or graduate level courses.
Submit a graduation application with approval from the department chair of the major in which they seek the degree. Advising for the major takes place within the department.
Graduation requirements are:
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 is required in four areas:
- total courses attempted;
- Sacramento State courses attempted as a second bachelor’s student;
- upper division courses applied to the major, and
- courses applied to the minor.
- Complete the content requirements for the second degree as specified by the department. Units from the first degree may be counted, but a minimum of 24 upper division residence units (Sac State courses) in the major subsequent to earning the first bachelor’s degree are required.
- Complete a minimum of 30 units in residence at Sacramento State beyond the first bachelor’s degree. Of the 30 units, 24 must be upper division in the major. Note: Former Sacramento State students who have completed 6 or more residence units will be held to only 24 upper division units in the major and in residence. Extension and credit by examination units do not meet the residence requirement.
- Fulfillment of the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) at Sacramento State or any other CSU campus as part of the first bachelor’s degree. If the GWAR has not been met, then the Writing Placement for Juniors (WPJ) timed essay examination must be taken: A passing score certifies the GWAR. If a passing score is not achieved on the WPJ, then enrollment in English 109M of 109W is required: a passing grade in the class certifies the GWAR. If writing requirements are completed elsewhere, written verification is required.
Registration priority is that of an unclassified graduate student.