ACADEMICALLY RELATED ACTIVITIES (ARA)
STUDENT TRAVEL FUND GUIDELINES
Applications are currently being accepted. Funds are distributed as applications are submitted on a first come, first served basis. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT FUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE ACADEMIC YEAR.
Priority Deadline: 5:00 p.m., March 9, 2012
Final Deadline: 5:00 p.m., April 6, 2012
Special Late Spring Deadline (for activities between May 4-June 30, 2012 ONLY):
5:00 p.m., May 4, 2012
Click here for an application.
- Travel funds will be awarded to students, based on a competitive selection process, who are presenting papers at scholarly and professional conferences, selected for competition to perform musical or dramatic pieces, or invited by a recognized gallery to exhibit artistic works.
- Applications for travel money need to be made before the date of the presentation and must have a university sponsor signature.
- Ordinarily, no student will be funded more than once per academic year.
- A confirmation letter documenting performance or exhibition MUST be attached to the application. If your presentation is part of a course requirement, you are NOT eligible to apply for ARA funding.
- A copy of the paper or outline of the presentation MUST be filed with the Academic Affairs Office before the presentation.
- A completed Release of Liability, Waiver of Right to Sue, Assumption of Risk and Agreement to Pay Claims form must be on file in the Office of Academic Affairsbefore the presentation. Click here to download the form.
AMOUNT OF GRANTS
Awards will not normally exceed $300 for in-state conferences and $500 for out-of-state conferences.
Funds will be made available ONLY toward travel and lodging. If you are using a travel agency or booking your reservations online, lodging and transportation expenses must be listed separately. Meals, conference registration fees, typing costs, etc., WILL NOT be funded.
- Travel and lodging costs will be provided in the form of reimbursement AFTER the presentation.
- Do not submit receipts before you have been notified that you have been approved for ARA funding.
- All receipts MUST HAVE YOUR NAME ON THE RECEIPT and must indicate the expense has been paid.
- Original receipts, boarding passes and name tags MUST be submitted to be reimbursed. The deadline for submitting receipts is Monday, January 9, 2012 for the Fall 2011 semester and Monday, May 7, 2012 for the Spring 2012 semester. For Late Spring 2012, the deadline is determined by the activity dates.
If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Academic Affairs:
(916) 278-6331 or visit Sacramento Hall 230.